Senior Executive Director (Engineering)
Maruti Suzuki India Limited
C V Raman is a graduate from Delhi College of Engineering with a BE in Mechanical Engineering. Prior to joining Maruti Udyog Limited in 1984, he worked with Escorts (Yamaha Divn.) Ltd. Raman started his career in Maruti in Vendor Development Department. During his tenure in Vendor Development till 2001, he was responsible for Component & Supplier development. His key achievements were development of the supplier eco system and also their upgradation of Quality & Technology by enabling tie-ups/joint ventures with global auto component suppliers.
C V Raman currently heads the Engineering Vertical of Maruti Suzuki. Raman was instrumental in developing Maruti Suzuki Engineering into a R&D hub of Suzuki Motor Corporation, outside of Japan. During his tenure many successful new models were launched. Key achievements under his leadership were the design & development of highly acclaimed Compact SUV, the Vitara Brezza and setting up of the state of the art R&D Center at Rohtak.
C V Raman is also active in various professional bodies as:
- Vice President of ARAI Governing Council
- Chairman of SIAM Committee on Emission & Conservation
- Member of Governing Council of National Institute of Design, Kurukshetra
- Director in Bharat Seats Limited & Krishna Maruti Limited
- Chairman of SAE India Supra and Governing Board Member of SAE Nothern India Section
- Member of Academic council of ARAI-VITU Academy
- Active member of various CII committees -CII Committee on Design, CII Committee on Technology , CII Institute of Quality
For his outstanding contribution to Automotive R&D & the Successful Vitara Brezza, Raman was awarded `Man of the Year’ by Top Gear in 2017. He was also the recipient of the Engineering Excellence Award by SAE India Foundation.