Senior Vice-President [Engine Development], Ashok Leyland Limited
Qualification : B.Sc., B. Tech (Auto), ME (Design), DCS, (MBA)
Graduated in M.I.T (Madras Institute of technology) , Anna University and studied PG in S.P. College, Mumbai and moving on his passion in IC Engines in major Automotive OEMS.
• Started his career with Bajaj Auto (1990) on Kawasaki 4S Motor Cycle Engine localization and later 4S Champion, exclusively for 87 kmpl, which turned Bajaj a big 2-wheeler motorcycle Company.• Moved to Mahindra & Mahindra, Farm Equipment Sector, and had 7 years of stint.
• Worked on all three Horizons till product stabilization as Product Engineer.
• Executed Tier-1 Emission related projects for USA and first Turbo charged Tractor Engine.
• Also, initiated Concept Design of Six Cylinder Engine, single cyl. air-cooled.• Moved to Tata Motors in 2002
• Developed first Common Rail Engine for SUV Application and developed variants for the same including Defence vehicles and pick-up Trucks. (Safari DICOR)
• Established Advanced Engineering Group for Engines, made initiatives for Biodiesel Buses with IOC , successfully run company Transportation Buses with B10 Biodiesel.
• Had led CNG / LPG Programmes for company and run Hydrogen Engine for a year in IIT, Chennai• Having joined Ashok Leyland, in 2007 supported its strategic initiatives design, developed and applicated a clean sheet 3 Cylinder Engine for DOST, a Mini Truck, for which the sale has crossed 200000 Nos. Also, done a 3 Litre engine in a short span of 18 months. A CNG model is also running in Delhi.
• Elevated as overall Head – Engine R & D in 2014, and at present heading as Senior Vice-President [Engine development] working for various applications , business units i.e. Trucks, Buses, Defense, Power Solutions Business and LCV at Technical Centre at Ashok Leyland, Vellivoyalchavadi, Chennai.• Emission developments Bs4 iEGR , Bs6 , new engine developments , with innovation and agility are being visible to meet company’s vision of becoming no. 1 truck maker. Also responsible for strategic initiatives through business leader’s program and councils , including technical associations.